Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Blessed 30

Life has its magical moments if you take the time to be in tune with the world. Today, I feel blessed at the turn of events of late.

Thanks to Dr Hwang and the ever bubbly Li Li for wishing me an advance birthday and guaranteeing that I could remove my braces by September before my friend's wedding; I quote, "you will look simply marvelous!" (haha Val, I would not outshine you.. you think too highly of me!)

Thanks to my colleagues for acknowledging the bookworm that I am; Spent half a day picking great books at Kino ... am now a satisfied Kino customer :) (hey Shafiq, I'll grab Dan Brown's "Da Vin Ci Code" some day... thanks for the referral)

Thanks to all my RMIT buddies who decided to surprise me with an early birthday celebration at Cat's place (thanks Samuel for your hospitality... Fred for taking the time to drop by with one of my fave mata kuchings, its been awhile since we chatted like that). Its always nice to catch up once a year and chat like old friends do.

Thanks Zali for a wonderful early birthday rendition on the keyboard... somehow it was funny teaching me "Happy Birthday" while celebrating my birthday at the same time :P

Yesterday, was wonderful celebrating my birthday with my dive buddies (got to know Jo better too!). Thanks CY for the CD rom and for being a wonderful dive buddy (thanks for wanting to forgo yr badmintion session to have dinner with me today but, I'll take a rain check on that for now). Have fun with your Korea trip Yan Nah. Val, thanks for taking the time to buy my gift, it was splendid and all the wonderful midnight greetings (Anto, didn't expect you to remember... great service!) *touched*

Upon reaching home at midnight, was pleasantly surprised with the birthday spa voucher from my elder brother; we may have our differences and sibling squabbles but thank you for caring still. Thanks huh younger bro for the endless teasing! ;P

Thank you Luke (yesshh big 30!), Des and Juth (Happy Birthday to you too!) for remembering my special day. All these grateful "thank yous"... hmm must be due to the influence by Arundhati Roy's "The God of Small Things"... she deserves the Booker Prize (splendid read on humour, humanity and humility, exceptional in every minute way).

Above all else, I thank GOD for letting me live to witness another beautiful day. Mum, I love you (and the chocolicious cake and gift). Am forever indebted to you for all that you've done for me.

Inez and Jill, your prophecy came true *white flag from Dido*. Sometime I get blinded and I need pals like you to 'open up my eyes' or knock some sense into me. Thank you and miss you loads!
"My hopes, my dreams, old photographs, of good times and bad times that make me laugh. The joy of a hug leaves me to remember the pure, simple bliss. I cry for the fun, and giggle for the pain, I enjoyed the good life I was able to maintain. The thoughts and wishes, they all stay with me,all of these contained in my book of memories." 
PS: Today I am free and I thank the quote from "Shantaram" for getting me to that realisation :)

No comments: